Isis Hires a Lawyer
While living in Rome, we have been incredibly fortunate to have our most wonderful neighbors, Barb and Dennis, care for our home and our cat Isis. Isis is an old cat, 18 or 19 yrs old, and it was easier to leave her at home and have Barb come over daily to care for her, than to foster her out to someone during our absence.
Barb has also been gracious enough to take care of Isis when we travel on shorter trips and will bring her grandson Darian with her to feed Isis when he is visiting. Since Darian has never seen us at the house, he thinks Isis lives in a lovely furnished home with a swimming pool by herself!
Isis is a sweet cat, a dear companion, but nocturnal, as most cats are, so we’ve had to put her in a room with her food and litter box at the other end of the house at night in order for us to get any sleep. Otherwise she’s in the bed waking me up numerous times during the night; or scratching at the bedroom door if we close it to keep her out and howling at the top of her kitty lungs.
Upon our return home we found the following note:
Isis Co-Habitation Requirements
Isis has secured a lawyer to update her past living conditions. Upon return of the intermittent human house occupants the following rules will be in effect:
1. Isis will have free reign of all living quarters at all times. Isis (aka Kitty, Puss) will be able to sleep on the bed as she has become accustomed.
2. Kitty will have breakfast on the patio on those days where weather permits.
3. Isis will eat small portions 3-4 times a day keeping food fresh.
4. Two different varieties of foods will be served daily.
5. Kitty is to be combed with her pink comb daily to prohibit the tangling of fur into unsightly hairballs.
6. Isis is to be petted and spoken to in a mild and sweet manner upon seeing her enter a room.
Failure to meet these demands will result in hairballs on bed pillows, and loud and obnoxious meowing. Also a call to CPSA (Cat Protection Services of Arizona) will be made.